Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A Frame of the Foundation

Another nice day and more progress this time much more visible and recognizable.  I couldn't stay away and had to swing by the lot to see what went on today.  The excitement keeps building as I see the pieces of the puzzle come together, I will need to temper myself a little or I will be driving by everyday.  Good thing it's only about 10 minutes away from our current house. By the time I make it over after work the site is clear from the days activities, so I don't see the work as it's happening, just the end result of a day's work.

As I turn up the block and drive towards the lot, the pile of dirt moved to the front of the lot and a large red dumpster obstruct the view into where the foundation work is going on which adds to the excitement even more.  The wonder of what I'll see as I pass by and look around the corner of the objects blocking my view and finally get that glimpse.  Today was not a disappointment, a very noticeable difference could be seen, take a look at my view...



As you can see they completed or have pretty much completed the framing out of the foundation walls in preparation for the pour.  Amazingly, only a week ago today this was just a dirt lot, and now we preparing the foundation for our home and the many years of enjoyment it will bring us.  I am hoping to have a chance to be at the site when they actually pour the foundation so I can see it really come together, and get some video of it as it happens.  I will have to give Bob a call in he morning and see if he has an idea of the timing, maybe I can make it over.

You can see in the picture above the remnants of that large rock pile that was there yesterday, and some unsettled earth around it.  I was able to get a view from the other side of the house from the curb , providing a little different perspective, as well a a look at how high the foundation will be once completed.  I only had my cell phone camera today so I wasn't able to zoom in for more close ups, I work on making sure to bring it with me for future trips.



No comments:

Post a Comment