Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Slabs are in

This week started out with some small progress.  Yesterday, after my wife and I got off of work for the evening we made a trip out to the house site.  I was expecting the slabs to be in but it had not completed.  The one good thing about that was we were able to see the metal rebar that will reinforce the garage floor.  You can see here the grid of metal which will aligns the entire floor where the garage slab will be poured.

Not Poured

Today I made the journey out to the new house alone, to see if the slabs had been poured.  Upon arriving at the house I could see the garage had been poured.  It has a slight pitch from the back of the garage to the front where the door will be.  They must have been in and out with the cement trucks or the backhoe as the ground in front is quite disturbed from the smooth look it had just yesterday.

Poured

As long as the inspection occurred for the slabs and the weather holds out I am pretty sure they will be getting started framing tomorrow.  I am not sure if you can see it but if you look close the base wood has been attached onto the foundation, connected by metal strips which were inserted into the concrete walls before they settled.  It really seems to be picking up and I have a feeling the outside of the house will be done in the next week or two.





No comments:

Post a Comment